Sabhal Mòr Ostaig UHI has an excellent reputation for language learning and immersion and for research into many aspects of Gaelic and Highland culture. Staff at Sabhal Mòr Ostaig are actively engaged in high-level research, working with businesses and communities across Scotland. The College can offer specialist expertise in a number of fields incluidng language planning and policy, heritage interpretation, tourism product development and Gaelic history and Norse and Gaelic placenames. This expertise is matched by the outstanding facilities on campus that include a purpose built broadcast and recording studio, specialist library collections, advanced conferencing and ICT equipment, exhibition and event spaces, childcare facilities and residential accommodation.
- Gaelic and English language services including translation and recordings for exhibitions
- Simultaneous translation
- Museum and visitor services: interpretation advice from a qualified museum specialist
- Delivery of tailored short courses in any location
- Consultancy research services
- Lèirsinn contract research services
- ICT support servicesCommunity lectures on aspects of local or Highland history, language, culture, education and traditional music.