Ortha nan Gaidheal
- The day of light has come upon us,
- Christ is born of the Virgin.
- In His name I sprinkle the water
- Upon every thing within my court.
- Thou King of deeds and powers above,
- Thy fishing blessing pour down on us.
- I will sit me down with an oar in my grasp,
- I will row me seven hundred and seven [strokes].
- I will cast down my hook,
- The first fish which I bring up
- In the name of Christ, King of the elements,
- The poor shall have it at his wish.
- And the king of fishers, the brave Peter,
- He will after it give me his blessing.
- Ariel, Gabriel, and John,
- Raphael benign, and Paul,
- Columba, tender in every distress,
- And Mary fair, the endowed of grace.
- Encompass ye us to the fishing-bank of ocean,
- And still ye to us the crest of the waves.
- Be the King of kings at the end of our course,
- Of lengthened life and of lasting happiness.
- Be the crown of the King from the Three on high,
- Be the cross of Christ adown to shield us,
- The crown of the King from the Three above,
- The cross of Christ adown to shield us.
Niall MacFhionnlaigh, A' Chiste Ghàidhlig, a chuir na teacsaichean seo gu léir bho Carmina Gadelica air an làrach-lìn aig Sabhal Mór Ostaig ann an 1995