Ortha nan Gaidheal
THE NEW MOON
- In name of the Holy Spirit of grace
- In name of the Father of the City of peace,
- In name of Jesus who took death off us,
- Oh! in name of the Three who shield us in every need,
- If well thou hast found us to-night,
- Seven times better mayest thou leave us without harm,
- Thou bright white Moon of the seasons,
- Bright white Moon of the seasons.
- The following versification is by Mr John Henry Dixon, Inveran :-
- In name of the Father Almighty,
- In name of the Glorious Son,
- In name of the Holy Spirit,
- By grace of the Three-in-One.
- If to-night, 0 moon, thou hast found us
- In peaceful, happy rest,
- May thy laving lustre leave us
- Seven times still more blest.
- 0 moon so fair,
- May it be so,
- As seasons come,
- And seasons go.
Niall MacFhionnlaigh, A' Chiste Ghàidhlig, a chuir na teacsaichean seo gu léir bho Carmina Gadelica air an làrach-lìn aig Sabhal Mór Ostaig ann an 1995