Whether you are interested in learning Gaelic, Gaelic literature, education, development, history, heritage, music, art or culture, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig provides on-campus and distance learning opportunities for all levels – from complete beginners’ Gaelic courses, to courses for fluent speakers.
- If you are new to Gaelic and looking for something structured on a part-time basis, we recommend An Cùrsa Inntrigidh, which is a supported distance learning course for complete beginners and learners with a little Gaelic.
- Maybe you would rather face-to-face tuition on campus or online – Sabhal Mòr Ostaig’s Short Courses are held each year over the Easter and summer breaks and cover all language abilities from Level 1 to Level 10, as well as a selection of courses in music, the arts, history and culture.
- If you already have a good grasp of the language, we offer distance learning courses such as An Cùrsa Adhartais, the award for which takes learners into second-year university courses at Sabhal Mòr Ostaig.
- For those looking to learn Gaelic on campus, An Cùrsa Comais is a highly participative and interactive one-year immersion course. As with An Cùrsa Adhartais, the award at the end of the year grants you entry into our second-year degree courses.
- If you are a proficient Gaelic speaker who wishes to study Gaelic to an expert level in a fully Gaelic-speaking environment, we recommend our one-year intensive course, Gaelic and Communication.
Further information about these courses can be found below, but please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Course leader contact details can also be found on each course page below.