A special concert will be held on Friday, 01 December 2023 from 7:30pm – the last hòro-gheallaidh to celebrate Sabhal Mòr Ostaig’s 50th anniversary year.
This concert follows a series of events, which started with a great night at Celtic Connections in Glasgow’s City Halls in February.
Some of the talented stars from the community taking to the stage are Christine Primrose, Decker Forrest, Innes Watson from Treacherous Orchestra, Angus Mackenzie from Dàimh and Eilidh Mackenzie from Dòchas, a special pipe band, Katie Wight, Eilidh MacFadyen, Jennie Duncan, students from the BA (Hons) Gaelic and Traditional Music course, groups from Bun-sgoil Shlèite singing songs from the local area and many more!
Tickets: £12, or £8 concession (including students and under 18s), or free for children aged 6 and under.
Online tickets, as well as raffle tickets, can be purchased here.
Tickets can also be bought on the door in Àrainn Chaluim Chille (main building).
There will also be a raffle, and tickets will also be available to buy on the night. You do not need to attend the concert to buy raffle tickets. Prizes include:
- 2 nights in the Penthouse Suite at Sabhal Mor Ostaig
- Birch Coffee House Roastery gift bag
- Dinner for 2 at Kinloch Lodge
- Dinner for 2 at Eilean Iarmain
- Dinner for 2 at Duisdale Hotel
- Dinner for 2 at (Michelin recommended) Scorrybreac Restaurant, Portree
- Bottle of whisky from Torabhaig Distillery
- Bottle of Gaelic Gin (Gaelic Whiskies)
- Copy of Glacadh an t-Solais, the new Gaelic book of visual art and poetry
- Skye Candles gift box
With our thanks to Fèisean nan Gàidheal’s Maoin nan Ealan Gàidhlig for their funding support.