Diploma in Gaelic Media
Study Mode: On Campus
Duration: 2 Years
Course Contact: Catriona Johnston
Sabhal Mòr Ostaig has successfully provided training in Gaelic media for over 20 years. The structure of the courses and the practical training provided at the College has allowed students to enter a wide range of professions in the Gaelic media. The Diploma has a very high employment rate with over 70% of those achieving the award gaining employment within the media industry.
The Diploma is designed to equip individuals for employment in the Gaelic media, enabling them to gain an advanced quality award with production and technical skills, which will allow entry to a range of jobs in the broadcast industry.
Year 1 (112 credits) will be College based and following this year 2 (88 credits) on work placement with an established broadcaster or independent production company.
YEAR 1 - CORE UNITS (COLLEGE-BASED)
- Communication in Gaelic: Advanced Operational Writing Skills
- Communications in Gaelic: Advanced Operational Speaking Skills
- Camera: An Introduction
- Editing: Own Programme
- Television Scripwriting: Factual Programmes
- Radio Production 1: Analysing and Producing Radio Programmes
- Internet: Web Development
- Television Planning and Production
- Journalism Skills: Introduction to Industry and Practice
- Location Sound: Single CMicrophone Recording and Boom Operations
- European Media: Analysis and Investigation
For direct entry to the Diploma in Gaelic Media:
Applicants will be expected to have some formal qualification such as a University degree, HNC or HND but entry is at the discretion of the College.
Competence in Gaelic is essential.
How to Apply
If you would like an application form for the Diploma in Gaelic Media please contact the Registry & Admissions Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01471 888304.