Gaelic Conversation (Lower Intermediate)START: 30 March 2020
END: 03 April 2020
COST (STUDENT): £180
**Please note our accommodation options have changed. We now offer accommodation on a FULL-BOARD basis only. Please see our accommodation page for further details.**
This course is suitable for lower intermediate learners who understand basic Gaelic yet struggle to hold a conversation.
Throughout the week, particular attention will be given to supporting the issues faced by Gaelic learners by looking at and correcting grammatical errors and working on improving pronunciation skills. It is intended that students will build up a repertoire of new words and phrases throughout the week and will be encouraged to confidently use the Gaelic that they have – giving them the ability to participate in fuller and more detailed conversations.
**PLEASE NOTE**: To participate in this course, participants should have completed SMO Short Course Gaelic Levels 5 & 6 and be able to hold a basic conversation as well as understand and comfortably use the following grammatical structures in conversation:
- Tha vs ’s e
- Cò às a tha thu? / Càite bheil thu a’ fuireach?
- À vs às and ann an/am vs anns
- Likes / dislikes
- Descriptions of people (looks and personality)
- Simple tenses (Bha / Tha / Bidh)
- Past tense – regular/irregular verbs and how they work with questions that begin with Dè/Cò/Ciamar/Carson/Cuin/Càite. (An deach…? Cò chaidh…?)
- An e/A bheil/Am bi/An toil/An robh/ Am bu toil/Am b’ fheàrr/An fheàrr and how they work with questions that begin with Dè/Cò/Ciamar/Carson/Cuin/Càite. Dè/Cò/Ciamar/Carson/Cuin/Càite.
Approximate Course & SCQF Level Equivalences:
An Cùrsa Inntrigidh Earrann 3 (Units 10 – 12)
Ìrean 5 & 6 nan Cùrsaichean Goirid
There’s space for up to 12 people on the course – to ensure your place please book early!