Award: Distance Learning
Study Mode: Distance Learning
Streap is appropriate for:
- Nursery, primary and secondary school teachers who are registered with the GTCS.
- Streap is fully-funded by the Scottish Government.
What is Streap?
- A teaching certificate (60 credit points) at Masters’ level, delivered by Aberdeen University and Sabhal Mòr Ostaig.
- An opportunity to improve your own Gaelic skills (writing, reading, talking and listening).
- An opportunity to extend your knowledge of Gaelic medium education and to learn more about subjects such as bilingualism and immersion.
- An opportunity to meet and work alongside other teachers who are involved in teaching through the medium of Gaelic.
How is Streap run?
- Streap is a distance learning programme, with three face-to-face meetings, which runs for an academic year.
- Participants will receive language support from a language tutor, and support on other aspects of the programme from a mentor.
- Most of the programme is delivered online.
- The programme is assessed both formatively and summatively.
Further information on this course is available on Aberdeen University's website: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/education/degrees-programmes/gaelic-medium-education-pgcert-436.php